What Every Woman Should Know About Fashion
If you are the average woman, knowing all the ins and outs of fashion is not something you have time to learn and research. With our busy lives, we just buy what we think will look nice and is affordable. However, there are some simple rules you can follow to keep yourself “In Style,” so to speak.
These rules are:
1. Don’t try to update your whole wardrobe at once! It’s always best to try out a trend before buying out the store. You may find that the trend is great for you and then you can add more pieces when you are able to. Sometimes you will find the look is wrong for you, so adding only a few pieces won’t break your bank account.
2. You should never buy something you feel you are “too old” or “too young” to wear! If you do buy it, you probably won’t wear it because you won’t feel comfortable in it.
3. However, you shouldn’t be afraid to dress outside of your normal age group! When you are 55, that doesn’t automatically mean that you should take mini skirts out of your wardrobe. Just because you are 22, that doesn’t mean you have to wear mini skirts, either. Go with the fashion and style you look good in and feel comfortable wearing.
4. Black clothes almost always look more flattering, expensive and sophisticated! Having some black staple clothing is always a good fashion idea.
5. When you don’t have money, don’t go shopping! Buying cheap clothing just because you went shopping is usually a bad investment. It won’t be what you really wanted and you probably won’t get a lot of wear out of it, because cheap clothes rarely hold up well.
6. Don’t shop based only on what’s hot now! By the time you’ve heard about a particular hot but quirky style, it might be over! Fads by definition never have a long lifespan, so stick with the general fashion trends.
7. Step outside your “fashion box” for a while! If you are normally conservative, try a miniskirt for a change. Not comfortable with that? Then just add a fringed or sequined handbag to your collection, just to give it a different vibe. Everyone, no matter their fashion sense, should have fun with the fashions they wear on occasion. Even though you will normally go back to your old look, you will probably have a new approach to it.
8. Don’t let fashion jeopardize your professional image! See-through, low neckline or risque fashions will never do wonders for your career. Those fashions are simply inappropriate for the 9 to 5 world.
9. Fashion is only a small part of the whole you. If you put a lot of time and effort into other aspects of your life, what you wear won’t be what everyone notices about you. Don’t spend all your time worrying about your wardrobe fashion.
10. When you look at fashion, it is all about YOU! Love a look? Look great in it? Can afford the clothing? Then buy it! Fashion is just that simple!